Monday, June 28, 2010

Mellow boy


Happy Summer! Now I am counting down the months until its over, until then...we will be in the pool!

Last Thursday, we went to our visit at the mentally challenged campus. Samson was so exhausted from swimming with my girlfriend and her 1 year old son. He just wanted to lay down on the tile at our visit. Even the patients were very mellow, they just sat there with him petting him and talking to him. We visit this facility with two other dogs. A black standard poodle named, Elvira and a 11 year old Golden named Kate. Well, Elvira is a diva, she never gives Samson the time of day. But this week she was so excited to see him. She kept giving him a playbow and rubbing her big afro on him. It was too funny.

I had a nice talk with one of the campus workers who just got a Pitbull puppy. He was asking so many question about food, grooming, potty training ect. I told him about the benefits of feeding quality kibble and using all natural grooming products. He was amazed by Samson's coat, but he was not amused by the cost of the food! But, people don't understand how important quality food is for dogs AND humans.

Our next visit there we will be on our own, everyone is going out of town. I'm a little nervous because it can be overwhelming at times so I just have to make sure Samson is extra tired!

Our schedule is going to change after summertime because school is starting up for me(and I'm on the job hunt). We will only be able to visit once a month now, instead of twice a month :(

1 comment:

  1. I love him and I love seeing pics of him swimming on the .org.

    ReplyDelete