Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Obnoxious visit





































I really don't have much to say about today's visit to the hospital, other than people are uneducated and arrogant. Let see, where do I begin. I got four offers from backyard breeders about Boxer puppies they have, NO thanks! A nurse gave me a hard time because Samson is fixed, really?? A guy was going around telling people in his department that Samson was a pitbull and he was mean before he even talked to us. I explained to him he is a Boxer puppy and we do not allow aggressive dogs into this program. I also told him pitbulls are excellent dogs, when they are in the right hands. Then he goes onto say that he saw Boxers on the news awhile back for killing their owner. For one thing, those were Mastiffs, not Boxers(not even going to get into that story). Then we went to visit a patient and her husband. Her husband told us he bought his dog a service dog vest just so he could take him places and to hotels and not have to pay the fee for animals. I cannot stand when people do that, to me it shows a lack of respect for people who actually need a service animal. Ok, so that's my vent for the day!

Samson actually had a off day today. He was dragging me though the hospital, not wanting to visit with people and whining! This facility is a little hard for us because Samson is a food hound and we visit around lunch time, so lunch trays are still out and he would rather pay attention to the herb chicken and jello than the patient. But, everyone gets a off day right?

I did get to visit with a very nice elderly man who had two Boxers(not a BYB, that I know of). He was so excited to see Samson and said what a beautiful coat he has. He spoke very little English, so it was a little hard to understand him. But, Samson did his job and bought a huge smile to his face. There was also a little boy who was mentally challenged and paralyzed, his mom took a picture of Samson standing next to him. It was really sweet.

We also picked up another facility to visit, the abused women and children shelter. We start that one next week! Another great high energy place for him to visit.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it was such a frustrating day! Peoples lack of education and rudeness is enough to put me over the edge some days but it sounds like you handled it very well. All you can do is try to keep your temper and do your best to educate. If they are not the sort of people willing to listen, sometimes ya just have to walk away. That little boy, his mom and the elderly man are what it's all about. Just try to focus on the fact that you made them happy.

    I'm excited about you guys getting to experience a new place. I bet the kids there will love him and I'm sure the moms could use a smiling puppy face and some loving too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ignorance is bliss...

    Keep at it, you two are a blessing to those that need you!

    HUGS

    S

    ReplyDelete